Last Saturday, I attended my childhood friend's wedding. It was one of the best I've been to.
There is something about weddings that brings tears to my eyes. I love hearing the gentle rustling of the lovely, glittery and lacy gowns of the blushing maidens as they march gracefully down the aisle. I love seeing the soft petals of the rose as they flutter slowly down creating a velvet path for the bride. . Then the sight of the bride as she enters the room...it just leaves me breathless. I can only imagine how the groom must feel when the bride begins her march down the aisle--towards him. She is all smiles. There is an awed hush as she walks slowly in her flowing white gown. Her veil flows beautifully down her head and onto the ground, like a snowy waterfall. She meets her smiling, yet teary-eyed parents halfway down the aisle, and they march on together to give their daughter's hand to her groom. But you know what part makes me cry? It's the part when these two hearts suddenly become one. It's the idea that they came from different worlds, from different lives, then suddenly, they are brought together by divine Hands. And He makes them love each other...and He joins them together--a perfect plan. It was as if He created them for each other. I imagine God looking down on the groom when was a baby, saying "Little one, I have created her for you." Just like Eve was made for Adam.
That's what makes me cry most. The idea of how God creates two people for each other, then works out every single detail in their lives to bring them together.
It's so beautiful. They were made for each other. And God made sure they were brought together. God writes the best love stories, doesn't he? :)
Photos by Joash Maramara
Wonderful video created by Sequence by Sequence.



No comments:
Post a Comment